Thursday, December 1, 2022

TOTAL dependence on GOD

 

Psalm 23:1-3

King James Version

23 The Lord is my shepherd; 

I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 

he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: 

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 

for his name's sake.


Do you believe in GOD?

How dependent are you on Him?

Have you given up your will, for His will?

Does it give you great joy to do so?

I hope you're all of the above.

I was Catholic once.

Then I looked into new age.

Until GOD made me born again.

This much I can say, with all of my heart:

Being born again is the answer to all my questions.

For I searched, long and hard, for ultimate answers.

Knowing the WORD of GOD satisfies my soul.

It clarifies everything for me.

Where before, I'd look into my heart, or research what's out there, I found that the Bible holds everything I need to know.

Through the HOLY SPIRIT, things were made clear.

SPIRIT led me to Scripture, and made things easy for me to understand.

Every time I'd have a question, I'd pray to JESUS, and He'd have His SPIRIT lead me to Scripture for an answer.

Knowing about GOD's laws takes fear out of your heart.

You begin to trust, and have total dependence on the LORD.

Once you are born again, and live by the Bible, there is even no question about having TOTAL dependence on GOD.

It becomes a given, a joy, a delight.

Something to look forward to.

Something to share with others.

For when you are joyful, how can you not share what you know?

How can you withhold from others the love GOD feels for us?

How can you not encourage everyone to depend on the LORD alone?

How can you not reassure them that TOTAL dependence on GOD is the only thing there is?

And that the LORD delights in our obedience.

Psalm 147:11

King James Version

11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, 

in those that hope in his mercy.


That He is pleased by our faith.

Hebrews 11:6

King James Version

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: 

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, 

and that he is a rewarder of them 

that diligently seek him.


That He delights in a grateful heart.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

King James Version

18 In every thing give thanks: 

for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus 

concerning you.


Lastly, why depend TOTALLY on GOD?

Here's why:

Psalm 127:1

King James Version

127 Except the Lord build the house, 

they labour in vain that build it: 

except the Lord keep the city, 

the watchman waketh but in vain.


Proverbs 19:21

King James Version

21 There are many devices in a man's heart; 

nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, 

that shall stand.


John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me, and I in him, 

the same bringeth forth much fruit: 

for without me ye can do nothing.


Acts 4:12

King James Version

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: 

for there is none other name under heaven 

given among men, 

whereby we must be saved.


Related material:

SECURE with GOD

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Super Coloring (FREE coloring page)



TOYS not tools

  Psalm 16:11 King James Version 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:  in thy presence is fulness of joy;  at thy right hand there are ple...