Saturday, March 16, 2024

TOYS not tools

 

Psalm 16:11

King James Version

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: 

in thy presence is fulness of joy; 

at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.


Blame it on my childlike mind.

When my friend said, "Enjoy your tools!" I could only think of  "toys".

GOD gifted me new "toys", through this dear friend.

Now, I have "upgraded" toys.

A good, used laptop -- for writing.

And a good, used phone -- for taking photos.


I look to my "toys", and they do look like toys.

They're fast, breezy, colorful, even childlike.

They're young, gay, and awesome.

Something kids would use.

Which I would, too.

The more childlike, the better.

GOD truly knows my heart.

All those "dancing heart" articles were preparation.

For the more energized work I was to do.


When you heart's dancin', how can you write dull stuff?

When you know GOD is The FORCE to reckon with, how can you not speak of His power?

When you know what ONE angel can do, how can you not quake in your shoes, and remind others?

So, GOD gave me "new", powerful tools to use.

"Toys" to me, for they're so much fun to work with.

He gave me those just yesterday, and we're at it again.

Our hearts not skipping a beat.

SPIRIT and I breezin' through our posts.

We have much to write, you see.

We make up for lost time the enemy put upon us.


Of course, old tools, new tools, it doesn't matter.

When you serve GOD, anything workable would do.

Since I'd been writing, I've gotten all kinds of computers.

Ever worked with a laptop BELOW one gigabyte?

I have, and did.

I kept deleting files.

Cellphones had much more memory, even then.

Now, people think in terms of terabytes.

That's 1,000 gigabytes!


What comes after terabyte?

Britannica says:

"after terabyte comes petabyte. 

Next is exabyte, then zettabyte 

and yottabyte"


Maybe I'll invent one called "gottabyte" hehehe.

And I was able to work with just one giga, wow.

It's not showing off.

It's all I could afford.

I'm used to making do with what's given.

It's more fun for me that way.

Kids always love challenges.

Despite our one-giga wonder, we got to write lots of articles with it.

Such as short stories.

And poetry.

If only these tools could complain, they'd probably say,

"Slow down, kid!"


A tool has to be a "toy" for me.

It's got to be fun to use, lightweight, user-friendly, and low-maintenance.

Most of all, it's got to be cheap.

I don't believe in expensive.

A kid believes in volume, over quality hahaha.

We don't care about brands.

We need fun toys that can tumble.

Not a few, slick ones that fray, at the slightest touch.

Ever seen kids' toys that are still in one piece?

Aren't they, rather, in pieces?

I don't have the time, or the patience, to be owned by possessions.

It must serve the LIVING GOD, or not at all.


JESUS had nothing, but the FATHER.

Being the SON of GOD, He could have anything at His disposal.

Still, our LORD chose to come to this world, as the humblest of all.

Why, then, should I have anything fancy, that I may serve the LORD JESUS?

I always look to the example given by JESUS.

That's how I keep my feet on the ground.

And my soul up in heaven.

By being CHRIST-conscious, childlike, curious, and content.

Cheerful, caring, creative, and compassionate.

Being born again does that.

JESUS commands we "become as little children":

Matthew 18:1-5

King James Version

18 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, 

Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him,

 and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore 

shall humble himself as this little child, 

the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive 

one such little child in my name receiveth me.


"Toys" it is then.


Related material:

GOD's LOVE for children

Having a CHEERFUL heart

The CHILDLIKE heart


Image: Clipart Library


TOYS not tools

  Psalm 16:11 King James Version 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:  in thy presence is fulness of joy;  at thy right hand there are ple...