Saturday, January 16, 2021

GOVERNED by FAITH

 

"The Bible tells me so."

Learned that from Catholic school, early on.

It's actually a line from one of the songs we were taught in elementary school.

You know how certain words, phrases, and sentences stick?

Well, that sentence stuck.

But did the Catholic church ask us to study the Bible?

Nope.

The priests did the studying for us.

At mass, they dished out a verse, or two.

So, up until last year -- over 16 months ago -- I had been in darkness.

I was studying the wrong books, searching for ULTIMATE TRUTH.

It was only when GOD made me born again last year, did I finally open a Bible, and REALLY began to read it.

What a treasure it was!

So much so, I dropped ALL other books.

By the GRACE of GOD, and GUIDANCE from the HOLY SPIRIT, I was able to understand what the Bible revealed.

It was easier than I thought, because I was a kid at heart.

I was entirely teachable.

And excited to learn.

Now, I can really say, "The BIBLE tells me so!" 

The WORD of GOD has taken residence in my heart.

Pretty much what GOD did for Israel:

Jeremiah 31:33

King James Version

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make 

with the house of Israel; 

After those days, 

saith the Lord, 

I will put my law in their inward parts, 

and write it in their hearts; 

and will be their God, 

and they shall be my people.


I've always had a love for the LORD.

But being born again really delighted the thirsty child in me, to drink from the waters of life in JESUS.

Thing is, I was not just drinking from it, I was also splashing in GOD's fountain of living waters.

Now, my faith is fully grounded on the WORD of GOD.

Everything is tested upon Scripture.

My unshakable SPIRITUAL foundation is upon the ROCK that is CHRIST.

Psalm 18:2 

King James Version

2 The Lord is my rock, 

and my fortress, 

and my deliverer; 

my God, 

my strength, 

in whom I will trust; 

my buckler, 

and the horn of my salvation, 

and my high tower.


Surrender to JESUS, totally.

That's faith.

In JESUS, I trust.


Related material:

BORN AGAIN articles

SPIRIT of GOD

WORD of GOD

FAITH


Updated 27 March 2022


TOYS not tools

  Psalm 16:11 King James Version 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:  in thy presence is fulness of joy;  at thy right hand there are ple...