Friday, January 29, 2021

PRAY as a CHILD would

 

Matthew 6:7-8 

King James Version

7 But when ye pray, 

use not vain repetitions, 

as the heathen do: 

for they think that they shall be heard 

 their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: 

for your Father knoweth 

what things ye have need of, 

before ye ask him.


Pray as a child would, in all simplicity, and sincerity.

There is usually no guile in a very young child.

There is even no fear, until they are caused to fear.

There is only trust, joy, confidence, excitement.

They also seem to have an instant connection with God.

Maybe that's why JESUS loves them so!

Matthew 19:14 

King James Version

14 But Jesus said

Suffer little children, 

and forbid them not, to come unto me: 

for of such is the kingdom of heaven.


Children speak from their heart.

They speak of what they want.

They speak in their own words.

They don't put brakes on their thoughts.

If not intimidated, they just spell it out, and have it out.

They're direct with their questions.

God delights in their "rawness".

A lot of their questions sometimes befuddle us.

And we think to ourselves, "Why didn't I think of that before?"


Their simple thinking delights the LORD.

There is no hypocrisy in children.

They don't know that word.

Much less spell it.

That's how GOD wants us to approach Him in prayer.

To be like trusting, little children, baring our souls to GOD, and expecting a favored response.

Fortunately , before GOD made me born again, I approached Him as a child would -- happy and trusting.

I've always been child-like anyway.

After I became born again, getting to know His WORD now, the happier, and more trusting I got.

My excitement at my many discoveries from the BIBLE is BEYOND description.

Now, I finally know JESUS answers prayers in His OWN PERFECT WAY.

It might not be what we want, but what do we really know?

We do not have the HEART and MIND of GOD, who knows all, sees all, for He is CREATOR of ALL.

The perfect prayer is actually just letting GOD have His will for us.

In the next post, I will share what the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD led me to concerning JESUS, and prayer.


Related material:

On PRAYER


Updated 28 September 2023


TOYS not tools

  Psalm 16:11 King James Version 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:  in thy presence is fulness of joy;  at thy right hand there are ple...